Thursday 24 March 2022

Some images from June 2021

 It is over a year since my last post here. That is partly because, photographically, not much has changed in that period. 

  • I am still using a Panasonic G9 with Olympus 60mm macro lens for botanical subjects, using aperture bracketing and using 6K video focus stacking as previously described.
  • I am still using a Sony full frame camera with a pair of 2X Kenko teleconverters and a Laowa 100mm 2X macro lens for invertebrates.
At the time of the previous post I was using a Sony A7ii, which has a 24 mpix sensor. Since then I have tried a Sony A7rii, which has a 42 mpix sensor, to see if the extra pixels would help, for example giving me the option of shooting with lower magnification and then cropping, but that did not work well for me. 

I also tried a Sony A7sii, which has a 12 mpix sensor. That worked well, producing the same sort of results as the A7ii and A7rii, but with smaller raw files which were easier and quicker to handle. I have been settled on the A7sii for some time now.

I was going to do a review of early 2021 to now, posting a few examples. However I found that I have a very large number of images to look through, and I feel the need to reprocess potential candidates because my visual tastes have changed, now preferring a softer look with less aggressive processing. I got bogged down after reviewing just one month's invertebrate images and it looked like I would never get the job finished, so I have decided to post some of the images I have liked the look of so far, and post some more as and when I'm in the mood to do more reviewing and, I imagine, reprocessing.

This will somewhat disorganised in terms of dates. The one month I have worked on so far is June 2021, and here I will post some images from that month. I may then go back to the start of the year to find what I can find there.

So, some invertebrate images from June 2021, recently reprocessed using my current workflow, which generally involves starting with raw files and working on them with, in turn, DXO PhotoLab, Adobe Lightroom and Topaz DeNoise AI.

#1



#2



#3



#4



#5



#6



#7






#8


#9



#10





No comments:

Post a Comment