Tuesday 26 February 2019

Panasonic G5 - Mainly 2015 to 2017

In mid 2015 I went to a local shop to look at a Panasonic G6 as an upgrade to my G3, but instead bought a very modestly priced second hand G5, a 16 megapixel micro four thirds camera released in 2012. It was a modest upgrade to the G3, being larger and a bit more comfortable in my hands, and I think slightly more customisable. I occasionally thought I produced images with it which were a little better than I had been getting with the G3, but I never convinced myself that it was significantly better than the G3. 

I used the G5 for invertebrates, interleaved with use of the FZ200 and the 70D, and for botanical subjects, interleaved with use of the 70D, none of the cameras coming out as unambiguously best for either purpose.

In late 2016 I bought an Olympus 60mm macro for use with the G5 but none of the G5 images I selected used it, so I can't have used it much at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment