Monday 25 February 2019

Roadmap for 2013 to 2019 history posts

Up to this point the story has been straightforward. Buy a camera, use it for a couple of years, buy another camera, use that instead for two more years, then another camera for another two years, upgrading the lens I was using with that third camera half way through those last two years. 

At that point, in 2013, it started to get more complicated. I started using different cameras for different things. I started doing tests and comparisons to see which camera, and which lenses, were better for different uses. From this point on I would often have two cameras with me, in the garden or at the nature reserves. Which two cameras it was varied from time to time, sometimes from one day to the next. Sometimes I used flash with one camera and natural light with another. Sometimes I used one camera for close-ups and one for bigger subjects, or one for invertebrates and one for flowers. Further down the road I occasionally took three cameras with me. And I used a different camera again when I was out and about in town, having it in my pocket in case something turned up.

It was much too varied to try to trace it all out, besides which I can't remember the day to day details. I started writing about my photographic journey in detail in 2014, and on for another four years or so, in this thread at TalkPhotography.co.uk but that is too detailed to be of interest here. Instead I'm going to continue using a camera oriented approach, bundled together as follows:


After that I will add posts reflecting on themes that cross-cut the camera stories:

No comments:

Post a Comment