Friday 8 February 2019

G3 - Aperture variations

I could get the same maximum depth of field with the G3 as with the SX10 and S3is by using minimum apertures, but I could get shallower depth of field with the G3 because of the larger apertures it made available, even with a f/4 to f/5.6 telezoom. I enjoyed exploring the effect of different apertures, including, for invertebrates, having the subject small in the frame so I could alter the look of the background while still having the subject in focus. The following three examples are presented here as animated gifs to make the differences stand out, but at the time they were presented as separate images of my then normal size.

The last of these really could do with some localised shadow lifting on the subject, but as with the other examples in these posts the images are presented as they were processed at the time.

All three used available light.

Click on an image to see a larger version




I certainly did similar aperture variations with with botanical subjects in later periods, and I imagine I did in this period, but I did not notice any examples as I was looking through the images from this period.

No comments:

Post a Comment