Monday 4 February 2019

SX10 - Plants

I sometimes think that while invertebrates are fascinating, when it comes to beauty it is difficult to beat a flower caught at the right moment. On the face of it one of the big differences between photographing invertebrates and plants is that an invertebrate is likely to move or disappear at any moment, whilst a plant isn't going anywhere. This is true, but light can change very fast, especially when it is coming through a small gap in foliage above the subject. I have learnt to move quickly when I see a pooled light opportunity. Even then the best moment can have passed before I am ready to shoot.

The first one here is the same species that I picked out from the S3is images, in very similar light. 

Click on an image to see a larger version
























No comments:

Post a Comment