Friday 8 February 2019

G3 - Invertebrates in context

A lot of people like close-up/macros to be really close in, showing fine detail on the subject. My preference leans in the opposite direction. I generally go no closer than filling the frame with the subject, and I don't do that very often. On the other hand I do like moving back a bit and give some idea of the subject in its context. Some of these were deliberately "artistic", using larger apertures than available with the S3is and SX10. The second, third, fifth and last but one of these are examples of that. Often though I used minimum aperture even for environmental shots like these, which was the case for the other six of these. 

Only the two spiders were captured in our garden.  The others were captured at local nature reserves. All but two of these used available light.












No comments:

Post a Comment