Monday 4 February 2019

SX10 - Sun and clouds

This is from a series captured very early one morning when I went out at around dawn to one of the nature reserves to look for invertebrates covered in dew. As I arrived the sun appeared through mist over the docks at Avonmouth.


Click on an image to see a larger version


My wife and I were on our way somewhere when we stopped off at this reservoir. My wife doesn't like this sort of ultra wide angle shot (and the two following it) because the geometry looks totally unreal. For some reason it doesn't seem to bother me.


A 6-image panorama.
Two panoramas from the local cove.


A 19-image panorama.


A 16-image panorama

A ship passing the cove around sunset.




Some interesting light and colour can turn up after the sun has gone down. It generally looks less dramatic in real life than the camera makes it look (without hyping it up at all in post processing).




And more from the bedroom window.


A 4-image panorama.

One of the things I like about sunsets is that you can get sequences of shots with the scene changing, sometimes changing a lot, sometimes over quite a long period. The next three are taken from a bedroom window sequence.




A 3-image panorama

A 3-image panorama.



No comments:

Post a Comment